Chances are that you already know there are two distinct roulette tables, namely: the American Roulette and European Roulette. Regardless of what others might say, these two roulette platforms are the same except for a few differences you’re soon to find out.
1. The most distinctive difference between the European and American Roulette is the additional zero to the American. That is, the European roulette has a single zero while the American roulette has a double zero. This difference alone is what gives the American roulette house a 5.26% compared to its counterpart’s 2.7% edge; big difference isn’t it?
2. Another difference you should know is that the numbers on the American roulette wheel are placed in pairs opposite of each other compared to the numbers on the European wheel which are placed in a random order. This simple difference also contributes its own quota to the higher house advantage in the American roulette.
How to Play Online American Roulette:
• Visit an Online Casino and Click ‘Play’ – First things first. You have to find a place to place American roulette online, right? Assuming you have, visit the site and get used to the platform before you tryout the next steps.
• Select Your Stake/ Chip – Once you’ve pick your online casino of choice, you may either choose to either to play for real money or take advantage of the offer and play for free until you master the game. Let’s assume you have chosen to play for free, you’ll be presented with a number of chips you can use to decide how much you’re betting. Click on your choice!
• Place You Yet – Next is to place your bet. Once you do the step above, you may be prompted straight away to take this step. Move your mouse over a betting field of your choice on the table then click to select.
• Spin the wheel – Again, assuming all the above have been completed, click on the ‘SPIN’ button provide to spin the wheel, then wait patiently to see if you win or not; it’s only a matter of seconds.
Summary of American Roulette Rules:
The general rules of the game are as follows:
• The house advantage for American Roulette is approximately 5.26%
• It is a ‘double-zero’ game. That is the bets on here are made on 0,00 and 1-36
• Extra Top Line bet on 5 numbers with 6 to 1 payout
• In addition, American ‘outside bets’ pay out 2 to 1 and 1 to 1 (even money)
• It also has ‘inside bets’ pay out from 5 to 1 and up to 35 to 1
Because of the higher house advantage, you should always try to play the European table if you are serious about keeping your money. Not all casinos, especially online casinos, will have a European table version so it’s best to look around and find one that does before you start playing. It’s better to be prepared and know your odds, as well as have a good bankroll management system when you’re playing either offline or online.