Aside from the American roulette, players could also try to go for the European roulette system. There are really not so many differences between the two. In fact, they are quite very similar and with only minor differences such as the American roulette table has double zeros while the European only has a single zero.
However, amidst this difference, both systems follow the same ideas when played. Both follow a similar set of rules. One major difference brought about the double and single zeros is the house advantage, wherein the American roulette system has a 5.7% house advantage as compared to the 2.7% for the European. Disregarding the differences in zeros, the wheels for both systems are the same and also the payouts and the layout of the table. Thus, if you think about it, the difference in zeros is not much of a big deal for both games. However, between the two, more people prefer to play the European table as it is patterned after the more traditional French roulette version.
Basic Rules on the European Roulette Game
Listed below are some of the important rules that you need to always bear in mind when playing the game especially if you are still in the process of learning the ropes.
- As mentioned before, the house advantage for this game is 2.6%
- The bets are cast on 0 and 1-36 and there is a single zero for this game
- There are outside bets pay out of 1-1 and 2-1
- The inside wagers pay out from 5 to 1 and could even become 35 to 1
What You Need to Know to Play European Roulette Online
- Look for an Online Casino Where You Want to Play – Make sure that you search a site that offers European roulette games. Before deciding which online casino to use, check on its background first and go for the one that has the best reputation in your list. You would not want to play your money in a casino with a tarnished status, right?
- Choose the Chip or Stake that you want to use – Are you going to put your money at risk or are you going to play it safe and just play for free? You need to decide on this before you start playing. There are some machines that ask you right away to make your bet while there are those that just ask you to choose what your stake is.
- Make a Bet – Then, you have to make a bet. Move your mouse cursor towards the betting field that you want to pick. Once you choose the field, it becomes highlighted and would sometimes show its payout equivalent. If your decision is final, you can click on it to place your bet.
- Start spinning the wheel – This is the last step that you would need to do and it only asks you to click the SPIN button to make the wheel turn. The only time you will know that you have won or lost the round is when the wheel has already stopped turning.